Executive summary of the project:
Development of the area of remote sensing applied from the University of Magallanes
plicado de T eledetección, CAAT C entre A T ustral A complicated eledetección, CAAT
The development of remote sensing area in Chile since 2001 was promoted by the Chilean Space Agency (ACE), which is mandated to provide advice directly to the President of the Republic in anything you say in matters relating to space activities, and therefore encouraged in his time to the University of Magallanes to desarrollarce in this area. Therefore has committed to the University of Magallanes to have as one of its objectives the establishment of a Center for Remote Sensing applied in the region of Magallanes and Chilean Antarctica for the study and analysis of satellite imagery from the region of Magallanes and Chilean Antarctica which aim to help transform its regional capital Punta Arenas, in a scientific and technological linked to Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), called this proposal C entre A T ustral A complicated eledetección (CAAT), which Antarctic development support.
The strategic importance of the use of this technology is:
• Support in making management decisions and land.
• Development of science and research.
• Urban Planning
• Environmental Monitoring
• Crop Management
• Prospecting oil
• Mining exploration
• Market development
• Location of real estate
• Establish warning systems
• Water resources management
• Safety at sea and land
The strategic importance of Remote Sensing Antarctic:
• Ability to observe large-scale remote areas.
• Attracting thematic advanced human capital in Antarctic and Sub-Antarctic related to remote sensing and its derivatives.
• Contribute to create a strong identity in Magallanes Antarctic.
• To support this technology to research performing institutions nationwide.
• positioning the region as a scientific / technological Antarctic and sub-Antarctic.
MARKET AND BENEFICIARY
• overall scientific programs and research centers (National and International)
• Public sector linked to economic and territorial
• domestic private sector companies, especially those territorial service providers (Livestock, tourism, fishing, mining, etc..) And international supply services directly to satellites.
- The main objective of this proposal is to establish a remote sensing applied in the region of Magallanes and Chilean Antarctica.
• Strategic alliances with similar institutions aimed at promoting the development of the applications of remote sensing area.
• Establish the infrastructure and critical mass necessary for the proper development of different applications in the area of remote sensing.
• Develop products from dee dprincipalmente information processing radar images.
• Develop products applied by processing satellite information available.